May 1, 2020
Why are you cancelling these concerts?
Following the latest direction from Contra Costa Health Services regarding the extension of the shelter-in-place, the Lesher Center has cancelled performances through May 31, and therefore we must cancel the FOUR SEASONS FINALE concerts scheduled for May 23 and 24.
I bought tickets. What happens next?
If you have tickets to the FOUR SEASONS FINALE concerts, please look out for communications from the Lesher Center Ticket Office. Your options are outlined below:
- Donate your tickets and receive a tax receipt for the total ticket value.
- Support the California Symphony and invest in the health and financial security of the orchestra and its ground-breaking music education programs by donating your tickets back to the ticket office, for which you will receive a receipt for your taxes.
- Exchange your tickets for the 2020/21 season:
- Subscribers – receive a voucher for companion tickets for the coming season to treat a friend to a concert.
- Single ticket buyers – receive a voucher for a concert of your choice in the 2020-2021 season.
Alternatively, you may request a refund for your tickets. Leave a voicemail with the Lesher Center Ticket Office at (925) 943-7469 with your instructions, or you may email them to LCATickets@lesherartscenter.org.
Can I apply credit from tickets for this concert towards a 2020/21 California Symphony subscription?
Wonderful! We’re so pleased you plan to subscribe! Unfortunately, it’s not possible to apply this credit towards a new subscription, however you have options to donate, exchange for companion tickets, or get a refund. Your options are described above.
Are you doing anything instead of the May concerts?
We may not be able to gather for finale weekend, but we have a special online presentation planned in its place Sunday, May 24 at 4 PM, just for donors and ticket holders. If you bought tickets or you’ve donated during the 2019/20 season, we will be in touch with details.
What else have you got going on now?
- Subscriptions to the 2020/21 season are on sale now, with 3-, 4- and 5-concert packages available for as low as $99. Learn more.
- May 4-10, Symphony Gives Week—Our annual donor gift fest is back with a twist: This year, the campaign supports both the orchestra and our local community. Learn more.
- June 13 UnGala—Even before COVID, we were already shaking up the traditional annual fundraiser format. Rhapsody in Blue meets Symphony in Slippers in our reimaged virtual event. Check back for details.
- Fresh Look: Symphony Exposed, Tuesday evenings, July 7 through 28—Save the date for the next adult education classes, available online and in-person at Walnut Creek Library. Registration will be open soon, please check back for details.
How can I help?
If you have the capacity to do so, please donate your tickets back to the orchestra.
Our spring Symphony Gives Week fundraiser is May 4-10: Give to the Symphony and you’ll receive a cloth face mask and we will donate one on your behalf to an essential worker in our community during our annual patron celebration.
Looking for more information?
- Read the latest letter from Executive Director Lisa Dell