MESSAGE TO PATRONS, 5/1/2020
Ticket holders: click here if you have questions about the cancellation of our FOUR SEASONS FINALE concerts.
With a PG&E power outage at our season opener, an against-the-odds 49ers Super Bowl appearance over Brahms Fest weekend, and now back-to-back cancellations forced by a pandemic, my first season as Executive Director at California Symphony has been memorable, to say the least. Fortunately, there are still many reasons to be positive about the future, and they start with you, our loyal patrons and donors.
California Symphony has redefined the symphony experience to be welcoming to patrons of all ages, backgrounds, languages, and levels of knowledge of classical music. (That’s why subscriptions grew an astonishing 26% last season!) Together, we are bucking trends and growing, and we’ve garnered local and national press for our pioneering music education programs for rising composers, classically curious adults, and at-risk local students. You can continue to rely on us to draw on all our creativity and tech savviness to serve you and to connect you to the music and the orchestra you love.
- Subscriptions to the 2020/21 season are on sale now, with 3-, 4- and 5-concert packages available for as low as $99. Learn more.
- May 4-10, Symphony Gives Week—Our annual donor gift fest is back, with a twist: This year, the Behind the Mask campaign supports both the orchestra and our local community. Learn more.
- May 24 Online Live Event—We’re unable to gather together for our finale weekend, but we have a special presentation just for donors and ticket holders planned in its place. More details will be sent by email.
- June 13 UnGala—Even before COVID, we were already shaking up the traditional annual fundraiser format. Rhapsody in Blue meets Symphony in Slippers in our reimagined virtual event. Check back for details.
- Fresh Look: Symphony Exposed, Tuesday evenings, July 7 through 28—Save the date for the next adult education classes, available online and in-person at Walnut Creek Library. Registration will be open soon, please check back for details.
Thank you for being with us through this season and beyond. It is our pleasure and privilege to perform for you, and we can’t wait to do it again. In the meantime, you can keep up with our Music Director Donato Cabrera via his daily blog and weekly MusicWise live interviews.
Lisa S. Dell
- Read our FAQs about the cancellation of our FOUR SEASONS FINALE concerts, May 23 & 24.