Donato Cabrera, Music Director
Announces auditions for the following vacancies:
SECTION VIOLIN (three openings)
Auditions will be held on Monday, May 16th, 2022
- Highly qualified applicants should email a one-page resume by April 16, 2022 addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
- Candidates invited to audition will be notified and a refundable $50 deposit will be required.
- Please make checks payable to California Symphony and mail to:
Michel Taddei, Personnel Manager
1478 34th Street
Oakland, CA 94608
- For those applicants auditioning for Assistant Concertmaster, please indicate if you are willing to be considered for a vacant section position. If the Assistant Concertmaster position is won by a current member of the California Symphony, their position may be offered on a one-year basis to a qualified runner-up.
The California Symphony is a per service orchestra. The current CBA for the 2022/2023 season provides for:
- Section Violin: 20 guaranteed services, $155/per service, plus pension contributions
- Assistant Concertmaster: 20 guaranteed services, $155/per service, plus an additional 25% per service, plus pension contributions
The Audition Committee reserves the right to dismiss any candidate not meeting the highest professional standards at these auditions.