California Symphony’s November concerts are part of the California Festival, a statewide music initiative showcasing the most compelling and forward-looking voices in performances of works written in the past five years.
We invite you to discover the vibrant new music scene right here in the Bay Area; explore how new works come into being; and meet composers, new music champions, and music-makers at these upcoming events.
- Tuesday, November 7 at 7:30 PM
- Lesher Center for the Arts—Vukasin Theatre
KDFC host Dianne Nicolini moderates a discussion with SF Symphony CEO Matt Spivey, new music champion pianist Sarah Cahill, and composer Viet Cuong. Free drinks included.
- Thursday, November 9 at 1:45 PM
- Lesher Center for the Arts—Hofmann Theatre
All the shaping and finessing that goes into performances happens in rehearsal. Go behind the scenes as Artistic and Music Director Donato Cabrera works with the musicians.
FREE with RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for donors at the $250+ level of annual giving.
Double your impact when you donate to the Fall Matching Campaign—Your gift matched dollar for dollar up to $100,000!
- Saturday, November 11, from concert-end till 11 PM
- Dia Y Noche, 1411 Locust St in Walnut Creek
No membership required, no agenda, no host: just an informal hang out for concert-goers, musicians, guest artists, and staff, right after Saturday’s concert ends.
Open to all – no RSVP required
- Saturday, November 11 and Sunday, November 12
- Lesher Center for the Arts, Walnut Creek
Lush melodies flow through a world premiere, a Baroque classic, and a symphonic journey.
These concerts are part of