Donato Cabrera, Music Director
Announces auditions for the following vacancies:
Auditions will be held on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Highly qualified applicants should email a one-page resume by Monday, February 6, 2023 addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
- Resumes received after the above deadline will not be considered.
- For those applicants auditioning for Principal Horn, please indicate if you are willing to be considered for the 2rd and 3rd positions.
- If a current member of the California Symphony were to win one of the positions, their position may be offered on a probationary basis to a qualified candidate.
- Candidates invited to audition will be notified and a refundable $50 deposit will be required.
- Please make checks payable to California Symphony and mail to:
Michel Taddei, Personnel Manager
1478 34th Street
Oakland, CA 94608
The California Symphony is a per service orchestra and is in a negotiation year. Under the current Collective Bargaining Agreement, the per service rate is $155; Principal positions receive an additional 25% per service; doubling is also compensated at a 25% overscale. Under the current Collective Bargaining Agreement the minimum service guarantee for Principal Horn and Second Horn is 20 services; Third Horn is 10 services.
The Audition Committee reserves the right to dismiss any candidate not meeting the highest professional standards at these auditions.